Monday, January 3, 2011

rain on me.

Despite promising myself I’d avoid all things cliché at any cost this year, I must begin by offering a particular mention of the festive season. If, like me, you too have enjoyed that extra glass of vino, crunched on copious amounts of crackling and had your cake and eaten it too (many times over), don’t despair. Unlike the unbearable heatwaves of years preceding that saw us flocking to the beach in swimwear possible of making even the Kardashians blush, this year the divine has smiled kindly upon us, and her name is El Nina.
This is why I am currently sitting in doors as it pours relentlessly outside, wearing camel Shakuhachi combat pants and a long sleaved striped knit, mulling over an extra layer. If I didn’t enjoy the respite from sun burn, a woesome addiction to frizz-ease and impossibly toned pre-teens roaming the streets in designer denim hot pants, I’d consider listening to Travis’ “Why Does It Always Rain On Me?” with vodka in hand, grieving over the summer that could have been.
Instead, I’ve found solace in ACNE’s Spring 2011 RTW collection. A Swedish sartorial dream, I can’t decide what’s more enticing; the effortlessly muted colour palette interspersed with shots of crimson and navy, or the juxtaposition of understated, hyperbolic silhouettes. As if already not enough to make my heart skip a beat, the organic cool exuding from textural layering make these pieces the perfect trans-seasonal accent to the weather of late. In fact, if you ask me, they are just as coveted in isolation of one another as they are united in their modish, stylised runway looks, cementing this collection as a desirable mix of practicality and luxury.
So, now that my first resolution has failed miserably via public forum, I will give credit where it’s due and congratulate myself for creating this blog as it has been the only resolution that I have managed to follow through with. Did I mention it’s only day three? Oh well, cigarettes, excessive spending and sticking to a personal training regime can be dealt with next year.

(thanks style.com for the images... and endless hours of entertainment x)




















No comments:

Post a Comment